These superfoods have been around for years, we can easily get our hands on them but tend to forget to buy them or just don't pay enough attention to their importance. Who would think that such tiny things could have such a positive impact on the human body? These powerful superfoods do much more than you think. Read to find out.
1. Camu Camu powder
- This superfood has more vitamin C than any other food.
- Strengthens the immune system
- High in anti-oxidants
- Safe & natural antidepressant. (manages mood effectively)
- Supports optimal function of nervous system including eye and brain function
- Helps reduce inflammation, therefore providing arthritic protection
- Anti-hepatitic - protects against liver disorders, including liver disease and liver cancer.
- Effective against all forms of the Herpes virus
2. Hemp Seeds
- Excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6 and GLA in the perfect balance.
- More digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose or sugar; there are no known allergies to hemp foods.
3. Vanilla Bean
- Vanilla extract is chiefly composed of simple and complex sugars, essential oils, vitamins, and minerals.
- Vanilla extract contains small amounts of B-complex groups of vitamins like: niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, riboflavin and vitamin B-6. These vitamins help in enzyme synthesis, nervous system function and regulating body metabolism.
- It is also a source of: calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron and zinc!
4. Flax Seeds
- High content of Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities.
- High source of fibre hence helping your bowel movement
- Anti-oxidant properties which help in protecting the body against certain cancers and heart disease.
- Eat flax seeds daily to keep your cholesterol levels down.
- Always remember to roast & grind flax seeds in order to get all the nutrients from it.
5. Baobab powder
- It benefits your skin! Vitamin C content, which helps your body form collagen and elastin, which give your skin support and elasticity. In addition to being a natural source of vitamin C, Plus this fruits anti-oxidant properties further aid in healing skin and keep in glowing.
- Vitamin C and Glycemic Control to Support Your Weight Loss Efforts
- Foods that supply your body with plenty of vitamin C may also help keep your heart and overall cardiovascular system healthy
- A Natural Liver Cleanser and Detoxifier
- Contains super minerals like: minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc
6. Wheatgrass powder
- Builds blood by increases hemoglobin and increases oxygen in the blood
- Cleanses the body
- Boosts your immune system
- Aids with weight loss
- Helps to alkalize and detoxify blood cells & helps prevent cancer
- Boosts energy
- Improves digestive system
7. Carob powder
- Carob contains gallic acid which basically acts as an analgesic, anti-allergic, anti-oxidant and antiseptic.
- Improves digestion
- Lowers blood sugar
- Benefits people with high blood pressure due to no caffeine content
- High in vitamin E
- Helps with common flu, cold, cough, etc.
8. Chlorella seeds
- Improves digestion & helps with constipation
- Cleanses the blood
- Is an anti-inflammatory
- Promotes optimal blood pressure
- Contains all the B group vitamins
- Contains vitamin C and E
- High in iron as well as magnesium
9. Goji Berries
- Powerful anti-oxidant
- Helps with weight loss
- Improves vision
- Cleanses and detoxes your system
- Strengthens your bones and muscles
- Helps chronic dry cough!
- Improves fertility
- Improves disease resistance
- Helps manage stress and anxiety
- Support healthy liver functions
- Reduces cholesterol
- Maintains healthy liver functions
Start incorporating some of these into your daily routine and diet. You cannot possibly do all but find something thats readily available to you and get started! Pick 2 or 3 do-able superfoods and take a good look at the benefits of each one to select whatever suits you best!